Inside the country of Grenada pavilion extension, Salties Beach Bar and Grill will be opening its “lift doors” for the very first time exclusively to Expo 2020 visitors and staff from the first of October 2021. The indoor Beach Bar & Grill is located on the first floor at the Opportunity District – Caribbean Lounge OS06, in front of Visitor Centre 1 and will be open from 11 am to 2 am on Thursday and Friday and until midnight the rest of the week.
Salties is a Caribbean beach bar, made in Dubai by new generation Dubai expats with an international flair, featuring a fresh juice bar and DJ music all day long for that notorious Grenada island vibe. We have kept our refreshment prices accessible with appetizers starting from 25 AED +++ and beers from 16 AED +++. We would like to offer everyone in Dubai, whether visiting or working in Expo the possibility to appreciate the event and at the same time be able to enjoy a meal without spending too much. This is also good for the staff who are living on-site – it provides them with a relaxed ambiance where they can listen to music and socialize with their friends and colleagues without needing to go into town.
We are inspired by Dubai’s multicultural Caribbean cuisine, Arab, Greek, Italian, Oriental, and Mexican where you get many appetizers to share collectively at the table. Our portions are enough to taste and appreciate the food, but also enough to try different dishes. Co-owner Pietro Scanavino has built together with a few friends and collaborators a place with sand, sunshine, and shisha. “Starting from the idea that Dubai is on the beach, a symbol of freedom – take your shoes off and feel the sand through your toes”. Two terraces with private booths overlook the world within Expo – there’s no better place to relax and call home. Inside is a huge sandbox boasting colourful tables and chairs, sustainably sourced and given a fresh new look and even new names.
“We did everything very sustainable; we went to different places all over the UAE to source beautiful furniture which had been abandoned by other people in the past with its own history. We have modified and transformed them through colours, writings, and repairs and given them a new life naming every piece of furniture with famous places and beaches of Grenada, like Saint George and Castle Hill
We are creating little islands within our restaurant where we can bring pieces of the world together”. Just like the country of Grenada, famously known as “The Spice Isle”, consisting of the main island of Grenada and 8 satellite islands.
“We have found many unique, charming, and different plates to revive, no plate is the same. It gives uniqueness to the food you are eating and each plate has its own history”, nothing is standard in Salties.
“We believe that music is the glue of life that brings people together. Every day from 10 am we will be featuring live DJ sets and musical performances playing all kinds of music – from Reggaeton to Latin to Pop. We will have different evenings because we will pay a special tribute to every country on their National Day celebrations after 9 pm so that they can feel at home in our space; citizens can enjoy special discounts off the total bill. I feel that this will be the ‘go to’ place inside Expo for everyone who wants to enjoy music and good food without spending too much.”
Salties aims to be the Dubai home away from home for people coming over for the 6-month duration of Expo 2020 whilst at the same time shining the spotlight on sustainability. “We believe that the human being is born to enjoy simple things. We do enjoy the luxuries of life such as beautiful sights, restaurants, and hotels but we are very happy when we get home to our bed, and our living room, surrounded by the things we love. New things will always be interesting, but things from the past will always be comforting”.
- We have a fresh juice bar boasting 20+ fruit options for unique juice mixes some of them known by a few like Lulo, and Curuba coming from our friend partner Cooyuba, and cocktail options. We will also have Alecchino homemade gelato freshly made every day from an Italian master ‘gelatiere’ made with a specialized machine by Fabbri from Emilia-Romagna, Italy – manufacturers of the best gelato machines in the world. We have different flavours of the day featuring both sweet and savory creations by Fabbri a leader in gelato worldwide ”.
- We have one of the best coffees available in Dubai made by Attibassi winner of several quality coffee competitions specially for us and we have received the latest model of the best coffee machine “La Spaziale “
- We will also be offering internationally famous Shisha to our guests by Narghita. “We are also paying a tribute to the local culture because we will have the opportunity to expose the international clientele to a new level of life for them which is Shisha. We are excited to be able to introduce them to the fun of enjoying Shisha which includes tranquillity and sociality.”
- Message in a Bottle: guests who purchase wine bottles will be given the opportunity to write a message of positivity and humanity from Dubai Expo for the next generation to read.
- Ladies’ night is every Monday where women get 1 drink free
- Our landmark is the Visitor Center 1, which is directly across from us.
There is One comment
Hello 🙂 Your post is very brilliant and fascinated, I like the idea and conce[tion. I retargeting main address for all friends Thanks! I also invite you to visit my website :)Have you considered promoting your blog? add it to SEO Directory right now 🙂 http://www.links.m106.com