As the UAE celebrates it’s 50th National Day this 2nd of December, Tanishq has launched an exclusive collection to commemorate the occasion. The collection features iconic symbols of UAE’s heritage in a contemporary style. The exquisite collection embodies the essence of UAE’s history and also envisions its future. The collection is a symbol of the expertise of Tanishq’s fine craftsmen and design prowess.
The collection is inspired by stylized symbols such as the UAE flag, the iconic falcon, the UAE’s National bird representing beauty, strength, and agility, and the classic Arabic Dallah. Also seen in the collection are pieces inspired by the date palm, a signature of hospitality, and 7 shining stars that denote the unbreakable bond of the 7 Emirates. These inspirations are translated into a stylish and elegant representation of a nation with strong roots and a progressive vision.
With more than 40 pieces, the collection offers choices in different categories including intricate necklaces, colorful rings, lapel pins for men and women and earrings. The versatile designs are used to create minimalist yet distinctive jewellery pieces that could be thoughtful presents or stylish souvenirs.
Here are some of the Showstopper UAE inspired jewellery pieces from the UAE Exclusive Collection by Tanishq:
- Falcon and falconry have been entwined with the Emirati culture for thousands of years. The majestic falcon’s strength, national heritage and agility has been inspirational for the collection. The bird’s beauty has been rendered in variety of techniques and materials.
- Islamic architecture has an abundance of intricate forms and silhouettes that offer enticing permutations for the creation of edifices that will stand the test of time. And so, it inspired the designers to create pieces that reflect the monumental buildings, the old and the new.
- Date palms have been immortalized in art and literature as well as the holy texts through the ages. A symbol of fertility, nourishment and long life, the palm is matchless in its simplicity. Its importance and relevance is evident as special dates are offered to guests – a part of the highly hospitable culture. The pieces in this collection are a tribute to the humble date palm.
- The Seven emirates established a brotherhood based on values of mutual respect, courtesy and a sense of sharing. We are proud to present in our specifically designed range facets which epitomize that same strong bond of unity and common purpose.
- The flag is the physical manifestation of the honour of any nation. Our endeavour has been to capture the nuances of a banner flying high in the breeze, its ripples and waves thereby creating a palette of vibrant colours and wafting shapes.
“The UAE’s Year of the Fiftieth coincides with the first-year anniversary of Tanishq’s presence in the region so we wanted to celebrate this special occasion with a collection inspired by the region. With the UAE welcoming the world once again thanks to Expo 2020, we hope that everyone adds these one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces to their wish list,” said Aditya Singh, Head – Jewelry International Business, Titan Company Limited.
“The collection was conceptualized with awe for the great journey of this nation, its courage to dream big and make it happen. Through every design, we’ve tried to encapsulate that vision of deep rooted culture and refreshing drive for modernity. Even in crafting the collection we used a similar blend of age old traditional jewellery handicraft along with state-of-the-art modern technology. Special attention was paid to translate the intricacies of our design concepts into precious materials so that each exquisite detail was taken care of,” added Beate Steinfeld, Trend & Design Head, Tanishq International.
“It was important to us to keep the collection versatile and discreet. The pieces of the collection lend themselves to the current trend of layering, and can be effortlessly mixed and matched for your own unique style expression. The collection can be worn with pride during the Year of the Fiftieth celebrations and would hopefully become a daily go-to key item and unmissable part of your jewellery box for the years to come,” she concluded.
The collection is attractively priced between AED700 and AED 7000. Tanishq announced today that having seen success in the region in the past 1 year, it is expanding its footprint in the UAE with 3 new stores opening before the end of the year in the Al Barsha neighbourhood in Dubai, at the iconic Dubai Mall and in the heart of Abu Dhabi, at Hamdan Street. This collection will be available all Tanishq stores in the UAE.